Thursday 14 February 2013

Valentines and Pancakes




Well I am pleased to say that things have moved on since my last blog entry. I am having yet more blood tests, an injection and a pre-chemo chat this afternoon and if all is well chemo is scheduled to start next Thursday 21st. They are using a different combination of drugs this time which should be gentler on my body. This treatment is just palliative and not curative but if it works and gives me a few more months of good quality living then I will grab it. I am not looking forward to it and to be honest am rather scared but needs must. My treatment will be done in my local hospital so at least travelling won’t be an issue. I will try and keep the blog updated.


Well Masterchef Alan excelled himself once more with the cooking of pancakes. I had to reject the first one he offered me as it wasn’t cooked enough for my liking but he is a quick learner and the rest were superb. His maple syrup and banana ones deserve a special mention.


We had another good lunch out this week. This time with cousins Paul & Jean. Always good to see them and catch up with their news and that of their wonderful family. We went to Bartellas in Meopham – a lovely venue. Thank you guys.

I have received some lovely gifts – beautiful flowers from fellow mesowarriors – what a caring, sharing bunch of friends they are. 
Also a gorgeous mat / wall hanging which my son bought for me on his recent trip to Japan. He knows I love anything a bit arty farty!


So that’s it for this week apart from wishing our son Jon a very happy 38th!!!!! Birthday today – have a good one honey!

Onwards and upwards!

Tess

2 comments:

  1. oh Tess, those pancakes look yummy and banana and maple syrup sounds scrummy. I'm glad you're getting through all the pre-chemo stuff and you can start the treatment soon. I'm glad you've got a gentler regime this time, I hope all goes smoothly and the meds do their stuff
    Sending you and Alan love and hugs and positive vibes and Happy birthday wishes to Jon
    Claire xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck Tess,
    fingers crossed the chemo is a bit easier
    Amanda

    ReplyDelete