Saturday 3 December 2011

Target met, Advent and the Trial




Just back from a quick trip across the channel to France for a spot of Christmas shopping. Living in Kent it only takes approx 2 hours to get there. This pre-Christmas trip is something we have done for many years now and means the countdown to Christmas has began. We topped up on beer, wine, chocolates, foie gras, cherries in brandy, dried fruit platters, stollen cake and biscuits – all good healthy fare! There will not be shortage of drinks in the Gully household this Christmas! Target met!

I bought myself an Advent calendar this year! Always had one until the boys were about 30! This year opening those windows is very special and keeps me focussed until the 24th when I will meet my lovely granddaughter Lilah once more. I ‘see’ Lilah on Skype most weeks and I am amazed at how she is changing and growing so quickly. Sometimes Toronto seems so far away. To be with my two beautiful grandchildren will be wonderful.

The drug trial is continuing. I have now had 3 sessions of drug/placebo and 1 cycle of chemo. I certainly feel as if my body is reacting to something but thankfully the side effects are much more tolerable than my previous chemo. The regime will continue for another 4 weeks after which I will have a scan and be assessed. If the scan shows disease progression I will not continue on the trial. 

Tess x

3 comments:

  1. That sounds like a good trip Tess and keeping the drinks cupboard stocked is a fine target! Glad the side effects are not so awful this time. Keep counting down those days, won't be long now until you see both little ones.
    hugs Jen x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fantastic sounding trip Tess, I see that you have got your priorities right with the food and drink lol. I am hoping and praying that you have some positive results from the trial
    Love Trish xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like you had a fantastic shopping trip Tess,and another Target met.
    I too have an advent calendar made by my Sister, each day we open a window at the same time and feel we are not so far apart.
    Keep counting down the days and Christmas Eve will be here before you know it.
    Hoping and praying that your results from the trial are positive ones.
    Thinking of you as always and sending you love and hugs.
    Christine xxxx

    ReplyDelete